Join the Library
Become a member and enjoy our services – it’s free, just pop along during opening hours
Monday: 2:00pm – 6:00pm
Wednesday: 1:30pm – 5:00pm
Friday: 9:30am – 1:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am – 1:00pm
What we offer
Pittenweem Community Library & Information Centre is based in the Old Town Hall in the fishing village of Pittenweem in Fife, Scotland and provides a wide range of books and services including:
- local information leaflets for visitors
- up-to-date adult fiction and non-fiction (including large print)
- audio books on CD
- a big selection of children’s and teenage fiction
- a wide selection of adult and children’s DVDs
- local history books and pamphlets
- information for the local community and visitors, including maps and guides
- photocopying, laminating and shredding for a small fee
- free public internet access computers
- free wi-fi access
We stock free batteries for NHS hearing aids.
Well behaved dogs are welcome and water is available during opening hours.
What we do for the community
We put on regular activities and events.
Join us for our Film Nights, Scrabble Club, Children’s Activities and Evening Talks.
We have close links with the local primary school and nursery, and organise class visits.
What you can do for us
The Library relies on the efforts of volunteers to staff the library, raise funds to finance running costs, purchase new stock and maintain the premises.
All our activities and events are organised and run by volunteers.
Become a Library Volunteer
You can help the library in many ways and be involved as little or as much as you want